Start massaging your wallet: DDN buffs up EXAScaler Lustre HPC storage rig
ES14K can be all flash or a disk-flash combo and has Intel SW inside
ISC DataDirect Networks' ES14K is claimed to be four times faster than other suppliers' laggardly Lustre kit.
The ExaScaler ES14K comes in all-flash and hybrid flash/disk configurations and features:
- Embedded Intel Enterprise Edition Lustre parallel file system v2.7
- Up to 500GB/sec throughput
- Internal PCIe gen 3 fabric providing latencies as low as 100μs
- Up to 7+TB capacity in a rack and scaling to two racks and 14+PB
- Management and monitoring interfaces
- Optimised mixed and parallel IO performance
DDN claims the ES14K has up to 2x more capacity per rack than its competitors, and delivers the the best price/performance in the industry. Seagate has a competing ClusterStor array.
There is integrated support from DDN and Intel. See it at the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC), booth #1010, in Frankfurt, Germany July 19-23, 2016. There is no pricing and availability information available, but it's bound to cost an arm and a (Lustre) leg. ®
Sponsored: What next after Netezza?