Lenovo gets friendly with hyper-converged vendors, and not just one or two...
Serves the HCIA software vendors right
Whomever it needs to partner with to sell a server inside a hyper-converged appliance, Lenovo seems eager to partner with them, dancing with virtually every hyper-converged body.
In the UK we’ve been reminded by a Lenovo staffer of the following hyper-converged and software-defined storage alliances:
- Nutanix as a Lenovo part number (three models today), supplied from factory pre-integrated using Lenovo hardware;
- Pivot3 as a meet in the channel with Lenovo UK Distributor Arrow;
- Simplivity as a "meet in the channel" partner with Arrow;
- Atlantis as a "meet in the channel" partner, primarily with Lenovo UK Distributor Azlan/TecData'
- DataCore as a meet in the channel with UK Distributor Exertis (existing DataCore Distributor,);
- Cloudian as meet in channel, sold through resellers with Lenovo hardware; and
- StorMagic - meet in channel, sold through resellers with Lenovo hardware.
We’re told there’s also VMware virtual SAN … of course, but no EVO:RAIL.
Lenovo OEM’s the IBM v3700 and v7000 Storwize products, as well as having their own S Series products, S2200 and S3200. And it has an alliance with IBM regarding IBM Spectrum Technology Software.
Our staffer says: “Being an open and flexible hardware vendor has its benefits in the HCI/SDS marketplace.” It sure seems to. ®