Dell names future leadership team and CloudFather Joe Tucci isn't on the list
Dell the man emails all hands to say EMC acquisition is on track
Michael Dell has emailed all staff at Dell, the company, to reveal the organisation's leadership team once it acquires EMC.
The email starts by saying “We are making strong progress on our plans to combine Dell and EMC … The transaction is on schedule under the original timetable and the original terms.”
The mail goes on to name the following leadership team:
- Jeremy Burton, Chief Marketing Officer, responsible for brand, events, marketing analytics, digital and communications.
- Jeff Clarke, Vice Chairman and President, Operations and Client Solutions, responsible for our Global Supply Chain and End User Computing organizations.
- Howard Elias and Rory Read, Co-Chief Integration Officers, for the Dell|EMC integration.
- David Goulden, President, Enterprise Systems Group, responsible for our global infrastructure organization including servers, storage, networking, converged infrastructure and solutions.
- Bill Scannell, President, Enterprise Sales, will report to David and lead the global go-to-market organization serving our Enterprise customers.
Dell the man adds that “I am also establishing an executive group, which will include the presidents of our business units and go-to-market organizations. The executive group will include: Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMware; Mike Cote, President and CEO, SecureWorks; Rob Mee, CEO, Pivotal; and Rodney Rogers, CEO, Virtustream. This group will collaborate on innovative and differentiated solutions, optimize our operations to increase the speed and agility with which we serve our customers, and find ways to work together more efficiently and effectively as an organization.”
“This new organizational structure will be effective immediately following the completion of the transaction,” Dell the man, writes, adding “ I want to thank Joe Tucci for his insights and assistance..”
Joe Tucci is EMC's president and chairman, has long indicated he intends to retire sooner rather than later. Dell the man's kind words suggest that retirement is now imminent, as widely expected.
Other leaders named in the letter include Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, Amit Yoran who will be president of RSA, and Rohit Ghai, who scored the gig as president of the Enterprise Content Division.
Marius Haas will be president and chief commercial officer, “responsible for our global go-to-market organization serving Commercial customers.”
Steven Price will lead HR and Karen Quintos will be “chief customer officer, “responsible for leading revenue and margin-enhancing programs, ensuring a consistent customer experience across multiple channels, and driving strategies to strengthen and build profitable customer relationships. Karen will also lead Corporate Citizenship, including social responsibility, entrepreneurship and diversity. John Swainson will remain at the helm of Dell Software, and Suresh Vaswani will keep his gig at the head of Dell Services.
Tom Sweet will be CFO.
Dell the man's letter is here, for those of you who want to read all the ShinyHappy detail. ®