Werner Herzog chats about dystopian tech doc Lo and Behold
Legendary director's doc ponders dark and light side of the networks that connect us
This week your hosts, tech gurus Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela, are back together to take a weird and wonderful look at network admin, the internet, robots, AI and more by legendary German director Werner Hertzog, who's a guest on the podcast this week. In 2009, Werner was named one of the 100 most influential people on the planet by Time Magazine.
Their other special guest is Jim McNiel, Chief Marketing Officer at NetScout, who was executive producer for the doc, Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World.
- (1:00) Sarah takes a field day
- (2:35) Cheap EnterpriseTe.ch plug
- (3:15) Frozen Eddie
- (4:20) Executive exodus from Twitter
- (7:12) Slick new Peach
- (10:15) Facebook hate
- (12:38) Amazon wants back into your Android mobile
- (14:48) Amazon gets breached
- (19:00) Trailer for Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World
- (20:30) Introducing special guests Jim McNiel and Werner Herzog
- (24:18) Technology as it interacts with film making
- (29:45) Does the internet dream of itself?
- (32:03) Digital preservation… and Honey Boo Boo
- (40:40) No schnitzel for teenage texters
- (44:50) Werner’s book recommendation
- (49:25) The kings of bombed out blocks
- (51:48) Every grown up man should move a boat over a mountain
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: Beyond the Data Frontier