Speaking in Tech: Stephen Hawking, you’re wrong. Tech IS good (generally)
All change at Dell as the dust settles
This week, tech podcast host Greg Knieriemen is flying across the globe and Ed Saipetch is absent so Sarah Vela is joined by special guest co-hosts Julia Weatherby and Amy Lewis with our special guest from Down Under, Justin Warren of PivotNine, to discuss IBM, nerd fights, the Stephen Hawking/Marc Andreesen technology spat, outsourcing and changes at Dell.
This week we discuss...
- (1:00) Who is Eddie?
- (3:30) IBM revs on the slide
- (8:08) Digital Divide: Hawking vs Andreessen
- (15:48) The outsourcing economy
- (21:42) Flashback: Dude, it’s a Dell
- (22:24) Justin Warren jumps back in for BBQ
- (25:40) Sharing sausage
- (26:43) Dell launches Data Center Scalable Solutions
- (30:09) Cloud winning, utility data, derivatives and disaster
- (34:40) Dell’s strategy going forward
- (46:15) Who wants to live in the valley?
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: Becoming a Pragmatic Security Leader