Speaking in Tech: Meet Apple, the global healthcare provider
Mastering that wrist flick is all important
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week we review the Apple Watch (could it make the tablet redundant, the opportunity for Apple to revolutionise predictive healthcare, and is the recharge time that big a deal?), Amazon's machine learning, trying to figure out what exactly Greg does, and Nutanix tries to tackle VMware.
Our special guest this week is Mary Ann Gallo from Hitachi Data Systems.
This week we discuss...
- (1:10) Ed delivers a mic and picks up a Drobo
- (4:15) Daredevil Netflix binge
- (5:25) Apple Watch lands and the reviews are mixed
- (13:20) Android watches may be coming to iPhones
- (14:20) Google Now could be an Apple killer
- (16:25) Amazon launches Machine Learning As A Service
- (18:10) Foo fighting: VMware vs Nutanix
- (23:10) Flashback: 1983 Seiko Sport Tech Watch Commercial
- (24:15) Mary Ann Gallo, HDS VP, Global Communications
- (25:25) What the hell does Greg do?
- (27:50) Greg's performance review
- (34:15) HDS Connect 2015
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss