Speaking in Tech: We find someone who hasn't heard of Prof Brian Cox
Brit physics heartthrob yet to conquer US - plus actual tech views
Once again it's time for the weekly Speaking in Tech podcast, hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela - although this week Sarah is hiding.
So it's just Ed and Greg with special guest Ben Kepes - the well-known tech evangelist, investor, commentator and business adviser - to talk about the week's news and views about IT's who's who.
This week we discuss...
- Greg and Ed's banter about McDonalds fan-mail, Cisco Live and foot-fitted web-cams.
- Greg as an opening act to ubiquitous rock-star physicist Prof Brian Cox - who everyone had turned to see and hear, rather than Greg.
- PRISM and the NSA spying programme.
- New Zealand gets into spying.
- Hong Kong as a refuge for whistleblowers.
- Standards for the software defined data centre?
- Savvis acquires AppFog.
- The platform-as-a-Service market.
- Pivotal, CloudFoundry and fruity bits.
- Sticky PaaS.
- The changing role of the CTO and CIO.
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links