Freeview HD sales surge
Quarter of sales in Q4 2011
Freeview today posted the following stats. Make of them what you will.
• 1.3m Freeview HD-equipped TVs and set-top boxes sold in Q4 2011.
• 4.4m Freeview HD-equipped TVs and set-top boxes have been sold to date - a quarter of them in the last quarter, according to the first figure.
• Sales of Freeview HD-capable TVs doubled in December 2011 when compared to December 2010.
• Freeview+HD set-tops account for 30 per cent of all Freeview+ box sales.
• 2m homes regularly watch HD programming broadcast by Freeview HD.
• More than 90 per cent of the 2.6m smart TVs in UK homes have Freeview HD tuners on board.
Sponsored: Becoming a Pragmatic Security Leader