Carphone Warehouse is selling a 50 per cent stake in its mobile phone retail business to US electronics retailer BestBuy, setting the stage for a heavyweight fight in the UK's retail electronics market. The deal will bring CPW £1.1bn in cash, enough to sort out its debt problems and could leave enough in the till to buy Tiscali …
Spring Group PLC has tidied up its training portfolio with the £6 million disposal of its Pitman franchised businesse and The Training Corporation (Springs Sales Skills ) to an MBO team. Spring gets £2.4 million in cash and retains 19.9 per cent of the equity. It also retains £1.9 millin in cash that was in the balance sheet of …
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence