Carphone Warehouse is selling a 50 per cent stake in its mobile phone retail business to US electronics retailer BestBuy, setting the stage for a heavyweight fight in the UK's retail electronics market. The deal will bring CPW £1.1bn in cash, enough to sort out its debt problems and could leave enough in the till to buy Tiscali …
Spring Group PLC has tidied up its training portfolio with the £6 million disposal of its Pitman franchised businesse and The Training Corporation (Springs Sales Skills ) to an MBO team. Spring gets £2.4 million in cash and retains 19.9 per cent of the equity. It also retains £1.9 millin in cash that was in the balance sheet of …
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?