Carphone Warehouse is selling a 50 per cent stake in its mobile phone retail business to US electronics retailer BestBuy, setting the stage for a heavyweight fight in the UK's retail electronics market. The deal will bring CPW £1.1bn in cash, enough to sort out its debt problems and could leave enough in the till to buy Tiscali …
Spring Group PLC has tidied up its training portfolio with the £6 million disposal of its Pitman franchised businesse and The Training Corporation (Springs Sales Skills ) to an MBO team. Spring gets £2.4 million in cash and retains 19.9 per cent of the equity. It also retains £1.9 millin in cash that was in the balance sheet of …
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip