Articles about Channel Mergers And Acquisitions

Pacman

US firm with 'limited operations' wants to buy Dorset reseller

CLP Computer Office Supplies looks set to be bought by a US company called Geo Vision International Group, for an undisclosed amount of stock and cash. The press release is somewhat ambiguous. The headline reads: "Geo Vision International Group to Acquire CLP UK". But the first sentence says GEO is "negotiating acquiring" CLP. …
Team Register, 29 Jul 2008
Ingram Micro

Ingram Micro captures Eurequat at point of sale

Ingram Micro Europe is buying Eurequat, a French owned distributor ofc (AIDC) and point of sale (POS) products. Terms are undisclosed. Eurequat has operations in France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Algeria and is to be folded into Ingram Micro EMEA Data Capture/POS division. Ingram today said the acquisition fits "well in the …
Team Register, 09 Sep 2008
Pacman

Datatec buys Indian distie for Westcon expansion

Datatec has bought a 50.01 per cent stake in an Indian distie called Inflow Technologies Private Limited. Inflow management and other shareholders will retain the remaining 49.99 per cent. Terms are undisclosed. Inflow specialises in networking, storage and security products and operates in nine cities in India, and also in Sri …
Team Register, 11 Sep 2008
Westcoast logo

Westcoast completes XMA merger

Last November, Westcoast announced the acquisition of XMA, the printer consumables distie. Today, the company issued a press release, heralding the completion of the merger. In other words, the back office has been trimmed, any performance related payments settled, and distribution activities consolidated. Hardware is to be …
Team Register, 08 Sep 2008
Pacman

Insight buys UK dealership for Cisco glory

Insight Enterprises has gained Cisco Gold Partner accreditation in the UK through the back door - by buying a small reseller that's already got the badge. The reseller giant is shelling out $1.5m in cash for MINX Ltd, a dealership in Elstree, Herts. Probably more significantly, it is also taking on $4.6m in existing debt. And …
Team Register, 11 Jul 2008
Pacman

Teksys bulks up with Tech MS acquisition

Teksys has snaffled the assets of a smaller rival reseller called Technology Made Simple, usually better known as Tech MS. Terms are undisclosed. Tech MS has a drawer full of badges: it is a Microsoft Gold Partner, an HP Platinum partner and a partner of VMWare and Citrix. The West-London based firm has been growing fast. It …
Drew Cullen, 23 Sep 2008
Pacman

SCH scoops up Fayrewood leftovers for £2m

Specialist Computer Holdings has bought the last two trading subsidiaries of Fayrewood for a knockdown £2m. The subs are Interface Solutions International Limited, a well known UK distie, and System Loans Services Limited, a minuscule company that dresses up IBM X servers for sale. Fayrewood's board said the disposals vindicate …
Drew Cullen, 07 Jul 2008
globalisation

Logicalis completes Avnet reseller acquisition

Logicalis, the South African-owned reseller, has added $100m-a-year revenues to its North American subsidiary with the acquisition of HP end-user specialist, Avnet Partner Solutions (APS). Terms are undisclosed. The acquisition, announced last November and completed today, brings Logicalis' US annual revenues to $450m and its …
Team Register, 10 Jan 2006