Speaking in Tech: Cloud storage FAIL (as airline loses suitcase)
Plus: The gang talk about whether or not they'll go to the RSA conference
Another week in tech, and another banter-packed installment of El Reg's one-and-only podcast. Join your your hosts, Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela for a wrap-up of the week in tech and some insights from special guest Mark Thiele, executive veep of data centre tech at Switch.
This week, our podcasters chat about the implications of Google's Nest slurp, what happens when you lose the trust of the security world, NSA spying and more... Download, subscribe, or just press play to hear what's going on...
This week we have start spots (in minutes and seconds) for you depending on your area of interest:
- Sarah's holiday dump (1:00)
- Airline luggage lottery (4:20)
- Google grabs Nest, search is not enough (9:40)
- Selling out and scaling out (15:35)
- Google retail stores (18:00)
- Why Google acquired Nest (21:42)
- RSA/NSA scandal spills over to RSA Conference (25:55)
- NSA impact on US companies (30:25)
- Public vs Private Cloud - which is better? (38:25)
- Father Mark preaches cloud acquisition (46:20)
- Is AWS really growing at the expense of traditional IT? (49:20)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss