Speaking in Tech: Cisco buys out Insieme. To UNCLOAK data centre tech, just press PLAY
You heard it here first
This week's podcast brings you piping hot enterprise news. Your hosts Greg Knieriemen and Ed Saipetch – Sarah Vela is out this week – got the scoop on Cisco's new "spin-in" Insieme straight from the horse's mouth when they chatted to Cisco's Amy Lewis and Insieme's Joe Onisick.
The tech giant, of course, was formerly the majority owner of the data centre tech upstart, but now it has spun it "in" to the tune of $863m.
This week we discuss...
- Cisco officially snaps up Insieme
- Software Defined Networking, but not SDN
- Cisco vs VMware
- Going against the software-defined grain
- Application-centric networking for mid-size and enterprise companies
- Infrastructure vs application teams deploying networks
- Open APIs and OpenSource integration
- Cisco "spin-ins"
- Industry drama and tap-dancing around EMC
- Driving down costs
- Leveraging OpenStack, Open vSwitch and OpenDaylight
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss