Speaking in Tech: So you wanna take on Amazon in the cloud. Here's how
Nobody mention the NSA... oh, oops
Our weekly Speaking in Tech podcast is back with Greg Knieriemen - and for this week's episode, special guest Rodney Rogers.
Greg's co-hosts Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela are away, so we welcome Rodney, a serial entrepreneur and chairman and CEO of Virtustream, who is gently quizzed on how one should go about building an IT company in today's tough economic times - and how to pit a public cloud upstart against mighty giants Amazon Web Services and IBM.
Download the podcast directly below, listen in your browser, or save it for your commute home.
This week we discuss...
- Rodney's background
- Building a cloud business and keeping it simple
- The economics of public, private and virtual clouds
- Redefining cloud resource metrics: MicroVM (uVM)
- The NSA scandal and skepticism of public cloud
- Transforming internal IT into a service business
- OpenStack AWS API debate
- Virtustream gets into UFC
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links