Speaking in Tech: Forget BYOD, now there's Bring Your Own CODE
Our panel of IT bods pass judgement on PaaS
For this latest Speaking in Tech podcast, Ed Saipetch is flying solo: his co-hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela are away this week.
But fear not, Ed has plenty lined up and has recorded today's session live from DeployCon at CloudConnect in Santa Clara, California. The main topic up for discussion is platform-as-a-service (PaaS) cloud computing, which involves businesses or individual programmers crafting their own code and running it on someone else's public cloud.
His special guests are Margaret Dawson, vice-president of product marketing at HP and a cloud evangelist, and Ben Kepes, the well-known technology evangelist, investor, commentator and business adviser.
- Enterprises' adoption of PaaS systems. Microsoft Windows Azure, Amazon Web Services Elastic Beanstalk and the Google App Engine are examples of PaaS providers.
- PaaS resistance in the workplace - is it "technology for the sake of technology"?
- Does PaaS introduce more risk and lock-in? Forget Bring Your Own Device, this is Bring Your Own Code.
- Similarity of evolution of PaaS and Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
- So, who is adopting PaaS and Opensource?
- Building bridges between IT departments and business units.
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here. ®
Podcast Subscriber Links