Speaking in Tech: It's not a CLOUD fail, it's a cloud FIRM fail
C'mon, Netflix, own up...
Pop on your headphones: Greg Knieriemen and co-host Ed Saipetch are back with another enterprise tech-cast and this week they've bagged a very special guest in the form of George Reese, co-founder and CTO of enStratus. It's fair to say he knows a little bit about cloud computing and storage. The guys discuss media doom-and-gloom about the cloud (who us? *innocent face* - Ed), object storage, OpenStack, Wi-Fi light bulbs and more...
This week on SIT:
- Catching up with Eddie
- EnStratus evolution
- Cloud and the barrier to the enterprise
- Managing multiple clouds at once
- Netflix fails to own its failure, passes the buck to AWS
- Enterprise IT shouldn’t be trying to boil the ocean
- Amazon Web Services doesn’t need an enterprise plan
- Technology buying is broken
- OpenStack is getting the buzz... but is it gaining customers?
- The object storage challenge
- Home automation and Wi-Fi light bulbs
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links