Publicity Stunt of the Week: Ten bizarre phone insurance claims
How did it get there?!?
Here, apparently, are the UK’s ten oddest insurance claims made regarding mobile phones.
We offer them without comment on their veracity, though the mobile phone insurance go-between that sent them to us in the hope of some free publicity* insists the claims “were investigated fully”, presumably by the insurer it represents.
The site doesn’t record which claims, if any, were accepted and paid out.
Here you go:
- Inserted into a cow’s vagina
- Dropped in the bog during defecation - a perennial favourite, this; or should that be ‘perianal’? 'arf, 'arf
- Broken after being used as a sex toy
- Stolen by an aggressive seafront seagull
- Stolen by an aggressive safari park monkey
- Blown aloft by fireworks
- Broken when hurled at an inconstant boyfriend
- Dropped out of a tree while being used to illegally film a pop concert
- Baked in a birthday cake
- Dropped over the side of a cruise ship
You can see some past examples of this kind of thing here.
We can easily picture noted comedian Jasper Carrot, who has long performed an amusing routine based on peculiar insurance claims, wondering where the firm got the idea from... ®
*Oh go on, then. It's mobileinsurance.co.uk, a company run by Psychic Media to put punters in touch with gadgets-to-glasses insurer Supercover Insurance. No, we haven't heard of any of them.