Original URL: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/28/max_mosley_sues_google_over_hosting_orgy_vid/

Mosley thrash'n'tickle vid case against Google opens in Hamburg

Ex F1 chief's clip campaign flogging a -erm- dead horse?

By Kelly Fiveash

Posted in Media, 28th September 2012 14:42 GMT

Google is being sued in a Hamburg court by Max Mosley, who is claiming that the company has broken German privacy laws by continuing to host a video online which shows the erstwhile Formula One chief engaging in a sordid sex pantomime.

Mosley told the Leveson Inquiry nearly a year ago that he would bring a lawsuit against Google after it snubbed requests to pull the video, filmed by a prostitute at the smack'n'tickle session she attended with four other women and the ex-FIA president.

The vid itself was originally commissioned by News International's now-defunct News of the World Sunday tabloid and the material has remained online - in one form or another - ever since.

Mosley has claimed to have already spent hundreds of thousands of pounds forcing websites to stop video clips showing him at the party from being streamed on the web.

In November 2011, Mosley told the Leveson Inquiry that his lawyers had been in the process of instructing "several different firms of lawyers in over 20 different jurisdictions to remove the images and video originally published by NotW from several hundred more websites". He added that there were 193 sites hosting the video in Germany alone.

Mosley has acknowledged that he took part in the orgy, but maintains that Rupert Murdoch's notorious and now-dead British Sunday redtop had committed an "outrageous" invasion of his privacy that also involved a Nazi allegation he described as "completely untrue".

In 2008, he successfully sued the NotW.

Mosley wasn't present at today's hearing at the Hamburg state court, according to Sky News, which added that it was unclear when a ruling in the case might be made. ®