Fast Forward to Big Data
Make information fit for business
Live today Today at 12:30 BST, our host Jon Collins will be joined by a band of experts to discuss the current state of data management, and how new approaches work with old principles to solve the business problems of today.
The studio band are Günter Richter from the Information Management Group, Xander Friedländer, from Retail Insight, Martha Bennett from Freeform Dynamics and Microsoft’s Anthony Howcroft, all of whom have sworn a solemn promise to limit the use of data fluff words and focus on data management solutions.
Xander Friedländer is the Head of BI at Retail Insight. His business manages huge quantities of structured data on a daily basis that is then analysed and utilised for vital consumer insight. He will share his current experience and perspective of the diverse data warehouse landscape - how they are able to react to consumer behaviour now and what trends are emerging in data that’s inspiring what they need to build things for the future.
The event agenda includes:
- How data processing and platforms are changing to cope with large scaling data analysis.
- Combining commodity hardware and software with open source ecosystems.
- Ingesting structured and unstructured data effectively across different sources.
- Integrating external data sources (including social media) via the Cloud.
- Using appliances help to build an effective ‘big data on-ramp’.
- New approaches to machine generated data.
- How to manage data governance challenges?
The event is live so you will have the opportunity to share your data management gripes and questions with the team and your peers.
So, if all or some of the above sounds worthwhile, you can register for the free live event here.