Original URL: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/17/hyperthermia_death/

Grow-lamps roast Yorkshire dope farmer in his sleep

Cops swoon on entering deadly hothouse

By Lester Haines

Posted in Bootnotes, 17th May 2010 09:15 GMT

A West Yorkshire cannabis grower died of hyperthermia after halogen lamps in his illicit indoor dope plantation heated his house to a fatal 38°C, the Sun reports.

Luke Holmes, 28, constructed "three foil-lined tents each containing marijuana plants", nurtured by a "battery" of halogens. He died in bed and was discovered by friends three days later in the property in Halifax.

Police officers "almost fainted from the heat when they entered the property on a warm day last June", the Sun explains.

An inquest in Bradford "heard that Holmes was a drug user, although no drugs were found in his system". His death was declared an accident, provoked by fatal overheating. ®