Vote now for 2007's oddest book title
Tattooed Mountain Women and Spoon Boxes of Daghestan
The online presence of The Bookseller is running its annual poll to determine which of six splendidly-titled tomes should receive the 2007 "Oddest Titles" prize.
The magazine's deputy editor, Joel Rickett, told the BBC: "It continues to celebrate the bizarre, the strange, and the simply odd. This year's shortlist shows that despite publishers cutting back their lists, literary diversity continues to flourish."
He appears to be right. Said shortlist "compiled from entries that caught the eye of publishers, booksellers and librarians across the world" is as follows:
- Tattooed Mountain Women and Spoon Boxes of Daghestan
- How Green Were the Nazis?
- D. Di Mascio's Delicious Ice Cream: D. Di Mascio of Coventry? An Ice Cream Company of Repute, with an Interesting and Varied Fleet of Ice Cream Vans
- The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification
- Proceedings of the Eighteenth International Seaweed Symposium
- Better Never To Have Been: The Harm of Coming Into Existence
The winner of the Oddest Titles laureat will be announced on 13 April, and can toast the triumph with the traditional bottle of champage. Vote here for your own particular fave. ®