Original URL: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/18/italian_job/
The Italian Job rated top Brit movie
'You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!'
A poll of 1,000 UK film buffs has rated The Italian Job as the "all-time favourite British film", The Sun reports.
Michael Caine's classic line "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" also secured the "most memorable scene" title.
The survey, for some reason carried out by food firm Pork Farms, shows the Turin car chase from the film at number three most memorable, pipped to second spot by the dole queue dancing scene from The Full Monty.
Python fans will be pleased to know that the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail gets a look in at five, closely followed by the "two lines of rather bewildered Brits contemplate lots and lots of dead Zulus" moment from, you guessed it: Zulu.
Here's the full list of most memorable moments, as voted for by pork pie fanciers nationwide:
- "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" - The Italian Job
- Dancing in the dole queue - The Full Monty
- Turin car chase - The Italian Job
- Dance finale - Billy Elliot
- The Black Knight - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- The two rows of soldiers and piled dead bodies - Zulu
- Big pants - Bridget Jones's Diary
- Thames boat chase - James Bond: The World Is Not Enough
- Hugh Grant as the PM dancing in Number Ten - Love Actually
- Rhys Ifans in his grey undies - Notting Hill