Original URL: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/06/razzies/
Cruise and Hilton triumph at Razzies
I'd like to thank...
Paris Hilton may have been secretly gutted for her failure to earn an Oscar nomination for a stunning performance in House of Wax, but the highly-talented heiress is surely beside herself with joy to have secured a coveted Razzie just hours earlier - the Oscar antidote celebrating all that is truly diabolical in film.
She was joined on the podium by Tom Cruise who grabbed a "Most Tiresome Tabloid Target" award and a multiply-honoured Jenny McCarthy, the former Playboy model who proved once and for all that a top-notch pair of jubs does not necesarily translate into silver screen success.
Other celebs sobbing uncontrollably into the thank you speech mic included Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell, unanimously voted Worst Screen Couple for Bewitched.
- Worst Picture: Dirty Love
- Worst Actor: Rob Schneider (Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo)
- Worst Actress: Jenny McCarthy (Dirty Love)
- Worst Supporting Actor: Hayden Christensen (Star Wars III)
- Worst Supporting Actress: Paris Hilton (House Of Whacks)
- Worst Screen Couple: Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman (Bewitched)
- Worst Remake Or Sequel: Son Of The Mask
- Worst Screenplay: Dirty Love (Jenny McCarthy)
- Worst Director: John Asher (Dirty Love)
- Most Tiresome Tabloid Targets: (new category, saluting the celebs we're all sick and tired of!) Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes (together also known as Tomkat), Oprah Winfrey's couch, The Eiffel Tower, and "Tom's Baby". ®