Financial institutions with critical systems and cash on the line are reorganizing to deal with the closing gap between the hole and the patch. Zero day exploits are upon us. Case in point, the 25 June Russian attacks that turned IIS servers into delivery platforms for identity-thieving Trojan keystroke loggers. The attacks …
Should corporations hire known hackers with criminal records to test and secure their networks? The question, posed to four panelists at the RSA Security Conference held at the Moscone Center, in San Francisco, on April 14, pitted hacker Kevin Mitnick against Christopher Painter, who prosecuted Mitnick in 1995. Mitnick argued …
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8