Rupert Goodwins has been an engineer, writer, editor and broadcaster, covering everything from 8-bit micros and RS-232 to Bitcoin and nanotubes. Everything he's done since 1996 is on the web.... somewhere.
By turning computers into software, virtualisation can increase security and free us from underlying complex hardware. Systems can be deployed in moments, and we're offered much better efficiency and flexibility. Which are all really good things, albeit things commonly associated with PCs and servers. But virtualisation would be …
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update