Glyn is the founder and CEO of Lucr Ltd, an organisation dedicated to the simplification and proliferation of cloud computing, High Performance Computing and generally efficient IT. He has worked in the storage industry, specialising in cloud and Big Data for many years and has been an active member of the Storage Networking Industry's UK Committee. A developer at heart, he has applied his passion for simple logic to infrastructure design and implementation believing the two worlds can both benefit from an agile approach. When he is not working on IT he takes pictures, rides a bike and throws a rugby ball.
Is it important to manage an individual device very well, or the entire estate at a much higher level? The nature of management tools available at the moment means that currently we have to make a choice. I’m going to focus on the storage world, but from what I’ve seen the problem affects most disciplines in IT. The problem …
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON