Speaking in Tech: Live from Kennedy Space Center Dragon launch
Recorded from launchpad to SPAAAAAAACE
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, Greg and Sarah are in Cape Canaveral, Florida, at the Kennedy Space Center for the launch of SpaceX CRS-8 Dragon.
One of the primary goals of the mission is to test the Bigelow Expandable Activity Module (BEAM) on the International Space Station, an experimental programme to test and validate expandable habitat technology. Our very special guests this week are Jason Crusan, Director, Advanced Exploration Systems Division at NASA and Robert Bigelow, Founder and President of Bigelow Aerospace.
- (1:00) Interview with special guests Jason Crusan of NASA and Robert Bigelow of Bigelow Aerospace
- (13:20) Review of Kennedy Space Center visit and thoughts before launch
- (19:10) LIVE: Launch of SpaceX CRS-8 Dragon with BEAM module
- (20:32) Launch recap and prep for the booster rocket landing on drone boat
- (23:38) LIVE: First ever successful SpaceX booster rocket landing on a drone ship in ocean
- (25:13) Wrap up from Kennedy Space Center
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss