Speaking in Tech: It's all about the flashback to 1982's WangNet
Plus: 'We'd have no ****ing podcast if that weren't the case'
#RIPTwitter, down with all the "my tech is bigger than your tech" and prognostications on the future of ONTAP: Welcome to another episode of Speaking in Tech!
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week the team is all together to talk about the death of Twitter, the death of private clouds and the art of tech acquisitions. Our special guest this week is Dave Wright, founder and CEO of SolidFire and now VP and GM at NetApp.
- (1:00) All the tech, in Austin
- (2:49) EnterpriseTe.ch progress
- (4:50) RIP Twitter
- (7:45) Facebook Friend Day
- (12:20) Private Cloud is dead (again)
- (18:35) “True Public Cloud”
- (19:51) ONUG calls for better cloud interoperability
- (25:41) Flashback: Wang Net, 1982
- (26:11) Special guest Dave Wright VP and GM at NetApp, founder of SolidFire
- (31:37) The cultural fit between NetApp and SolidFire
- (33:34) Does anybody actually graduate from Stanford?
- (38:00) The future for ONTAP
- (39:48) The beginning of the end of all flash arrays
- (45:10) Public vs Private Cloud
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss