Speaking in Tech: How good is the UK's broadband? Really awful
Replicate Comcast Raspberry Pi experiment? Nah, we're too weak to tweet
This week your hosts, tech gurus Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela, are in Austin for TECHunplugged to discuss Apple data centres, rumours of Yahoo! layoffs and Software Defined Storage, and why setting up a Raspberry Pi to tweet at UK ISPs every time the internet speeds drops wouldn't work. Our special guests this week are Stephen Foskett of Tech Field Day, Chris Evans from Architecting.IT and Ray Lucchesi of Silverton Consulting.
(1:00) Live from TECHunplugged in Austin, Texas
- (2:20) Apple going big on data centres
- (5:25) Alphabet now bigger than Apple
- (6:00) Comcast customer Uses a Raspberry Pi to monitor internet speeds
- (10:28) Yahoo stumbles on layoffs
- (13:35) Bill Gates’ favourite songs… just because
- (16:23) What is Software Defined Storage?
- (22:28) Storage futures
- (33:15) OpenStack
- (37:29) in self-driving cars
- (37:29) Tech Field Days
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss