Speaking in Tech: That’s going to look really bad on LinkedIn!
Plus: Rumour has it Dell's putting Perot Systems on the market
Want to hear a funny wrap-up of everything important that happened in the tech world this week? Enterprise and consumer kit gurus Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela are here to discuss the SolidFire-NetApp rumours, Virtustream, VMware, whether “Personal conduct” could be a LinkedIn endorsement... and more. Their special guest this week is Mark Thiele, executive vice president at Switch.
- (1:30) Worthless predictions coming soon
- (4:05) Rumours: NetApp to snag up SolidFire
- (8:25) Legacy vendor acquisitions
- (12:27) Virtustream jumping out of VMware
- (17:38) Rumour 2: Dell putting Perot Systems on the market
- (20:30) LinkedIn skills: “Personal conduct matters”
- (22:48) FLASHBACK: Sony Betamax (1979)
- (23:10) Introducing Mark Thiele, Executive Vice President, Switch
- (26:30) Colocation with Switch and the technology ecosystem
- (30:45) The big pyramid data centre… in Grand Rapids
- (35:00) The über evangelist
- (36:50) Data centre management
- (48:12) Shameless M&A speculation
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss