Back to the Future caption compo - and the winners are...
Give it up for our five reader laureates
The jury has deliberated, and it's time to announce the winners of our Back to the Future caption competition.
To recap, in celebration of Back to the Future Day on 21 October, we asked readers to provide captions for this still from Back to the Future II...
...and you can peruse all the entries right here.
Thanks to everyone who chipped in, but there can only be five laureates rewarded with quality booty, some of it hot from El Reg's merchandising tentacle Cash'n'Carrion:
So, without further ado, here's the roster of Back to the Future caption glory, and the prize awarded to each winner:
- branico: "OK, Google. Search for the Curb Your Enthusiasm Larry vs. me episode." (Classic Reg 16GB USB Stick)
- Marcus Fil: "And when you have finished all of Breaking Bad there is Orange is the New Black - you're going to need more coffee!" (Classic Reg Piston Power Bank Phone Charger)
- Frumious Bandersnatch: "Think, goddam you, Marty, think. You must remember what the winning caption contest entry was. Otherwise how are we gonna get that flux capacitor watch?" (Classic Reg T-Shirt)
- thefridayshirt: "Pour me a drink, I'm heading off to travel back to the point before I paid $1,500 for this Google Glass. And people told me "that's $1,500 you'll never get back"... little did they know!" (Back To The Future Monopoly Board Game)
- Huw Barnes: "...and so that concludes our Flux Capacitor Watch - will it blend? test." (Back to the Future Flux Capacitor Wristwatch)
Splendid stuff, and congrats to our winning quintet. ®