Speaking in Tech: Google, Alphabet spelling out their plans
Meanwhile, Nutanix refuses to play, takes ball home
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week it's Ed and Greg talking about big moves for Google, EMC and VMware, and a seemingly bad move for Nutanix.
Our special guest this week is Brad O'Neill, co-founder of TechValidate, fresh from being acquired by Survey Monkey just last week, to talk about his plans and lessons learned.
This week we discuss...
- (2:02) Google's Alphabet soup
- (3:45) Shuffling the EMC, VMware deck chairs
- (8:49) Nutanix tanks performance tests
- (15:00) FLASHBACK: RCA personal TV from 1956
- (16:00) Brad O'Neill of TechValidate, now part of Survey Monkey
- (18:37) The acquisition prediction that wasn't
- (20:45) How the TechValidate acquisition came together
- (22:45) Survey Monkey in the enterprise
- (25:00) The challenges of bootstrapping a tech startup
- (29:00) The reality of the valley VC bubble
- (32:30) What's next?
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss