Speaking in Tech: A Kardashian wearing the Apple Watch? Now that's success
Another death notice: this time it's backup
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week we dig into the Apple Watch (what's the point, and is it any better than the Pebble), the untimely and rather bizarre death of GigaOm, and Microsoft killing backup software.
This week’s special guest is Marc Farley of Quaddra Software, who talks investment and moving jobs.
This week we discuss ...
- (1:00) Yet another flying story
- (5:50) Apple announces the Apple Watch… again
- (7:00) Foskett Fireballed
- (8:10) Apple TV and HBO
- (9:30) Gold watch bling
- (11:20) Celebrity watch appeal
- (13:00) The "App-centric" watch
- (15:02) The death of GigaOm
- (21:00) The tech graveyard: Backup is dead
- (25:17) Flashback: 80’s Motorola mobile phone commercial
- (26:17) Special guest, Marc Farley of Quaddra Software
- (28:06) Farley killed backup
- (30:40) Quaddra Software hits the funding trail
- (36:00) Funding infrastructure startups
- (42:19) Tech bubble and size of the IPO market
- (44:45) Background on Quaddra
- (46:00) Another Farley podcast
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss