Speaking in Tech: Go on, you can call us LEGACY! We solved your little startup problems 15 YEARS ago
Plus: Meet 'Lightning on a whiteboard' Zimmerman
This week, Speaking in Tech regulars Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela have fled for Dell World, which leaves Greg Knieriemen running the show. Greg is holed up in Paris with special guests Mark Twomey, aka Storagezilla, technical director at EMC, and Francois Zimmerman, HDS chief technologist in EMEA as the conversation turns to upstarts with big mouths, truth-telling on AWS and much much more.
Want to skip to the bits that interest you most? Check out our index times below:
- OpenStack Storage, it's open but is it neutral? (2:30)
- What ISN'T software-defined these days? (5:10)
- OpenStack as a vSphere alternative (7:10)
- How OpenStack adoption is ramping up (11:10)
- Talking candidly about AWS (13:50)
- The frost that kills off some tech vendors (16:30)
- Competing with 11 million servers (19:50)
- OpenStack not displacing core IT (24:30)
- VMware in a defensive position (26:35)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss