Speaking in Tech: 'It's as sexy as enterprise storage. Not sexy at all'
Plus: 'He's like the Bob Ross of bullshit'
It's another episode of our enterprise tech-cast, hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, the whole crew is together again with special guest Mark Twomey (aka Storagezilla). And he's not a fan of Eddie and Sarah's lunch plans! They also chat about AWS, Amazon's Fire phone, whether Oracle could buy EMC... and more.
This week we discuss:
- Eddie and Sarah's failed lunch plans (0:50)
- Zilla explains it all (1:30)
- Remembering Ruddy (3:00)
- Activist investor tries to get EMC to spin out VMware (6:00)
- Why couldn't Oracle buy EMC? (8:40)
- How about Cisco? Lenovo? (15:55)
- OSCON party circuit (19:00)
- Portland as a tech conference hub (23:28)
- Amazon tanks (27:15)
- The Da Vinci of BS (29:40)
- Fire Phone needs an ad blocker (32:40)
- Comparing Microsoft to Amazon (34:00)
- AWS revenue dropping? (35:30)
- Shopping for unicorns (40:15)
- The rise of hybrid clouds (42:28)
- VMworld and OpenStack plans (46:45)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: IBM FlashSystem V9000 product guide