Speaking in Tech: LIVE from San Francisco's Cloud Foundry Summit
'Douche canoes', 'bro culture' and - of course - cloud
Eddie Saipetch hosts the weekly techcast this week, where he and his guests discuss bro culture, public cloud's hidden costs and the eternal Cloud Foundry vs Openstack debate.
Joining him are special guests Jesse Proudman, CTO and founder of Bluebox; Caroline McCrory, senior Director at GigaOM; and Dave McCrory, CTO at Basho. Regular co-hosts Greg Knierieman and Sarah Vela are off in parts unknown this week.
It's a great listen, and you'll find the "skip-to-it" times below of the topics below, making it even easier to spare a few minutes to hear what our tech insiders think.
Today we discuss:
- Nutanix bro culture (1:10)
- Update from Cloud Foundry Summit (8:00)
- Bluebox: private cloud as a service (9:45)
- CF vs Openstack (11:00)
- Dave Mcrory's Data Gravity (12:30)
- PaaS and IaaS adoption and governance (17:50)
- The hidden cost of public cloud governance (23:15)
- Cloud ecosystem and partnerships matter (30:10)
- Cloud Foundry beyond service providers (34:30)
- Cloud porn (40:00)
- Dave McCrory's mission at Basho (42:00)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: Fast data protection ROI?