Speaking in Tech: Unix beards, coders in hoodies - we're live at HDS Summit
'Embrace IT heresy... drain the data lakes'
Our regular podcast was recorded live this week at the HDS Influencers Summit, where host Greg Knieriemen has a panel chock-full of those very people – including at least one person who appears to have been in hiding over the past few months... But after emerging in Moscow Airport (we kid, we kid) Colorado Springs, he's here to chat to us.
We also have a voice that should be of great interest to the channel crowd: former systems integrator/value-added reseller specialist and current indie consultant Enrico Signoretti (currently with Juku.IT).
Rounding out the heavyweight panel are special guests Michael Hay, VP and chief engineer at Hitachi Data Systems, Chris Evans of Architecting.IT and Nigel Poulton of Pluralsight.
Check out the running list below, with indexes in minutes and seconds, download the MP3, subscribe to it, or just press play to listen in.
- Catching up with the old gang (0:45)
- The lack of enterprise API adoption (8:45)
- Network programing skill shortage (11:23)
- Need for Development Environments (13:00)
- IT as a service (16:57)
- Bridging the API ignorance gap (20:00)
- Hoodie-wearing programmers and the generational transition (21:10)
- Python for kids (24:55)
- Raspberry Pi, Arduino and lessons learned (27:21)
- Apple releases 4,000 APIs (29:23)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: Customer Identity and Access Management