Speaking in Tech: Did our podcast lift Red Hat shares? Stranger things have happened
Plus: Is that a parole tag or a smartwatch?
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, the whole crew is together again to wreck more tech – and after last week's episode apparently inflated Red Hat's share price by 40 cents, we wonder what, er, earthquakes are about to hit today.
From scotch drinking to OpenStack source contributions, the team have the week's developments covered, whether it's enterprise technology, blood-alcohol level meters or gadgets you can wrap around your wrist.
This week the gang discuss...
- Catching up and housekeeping (00:30 seconds in)
- Moving markets (2:25)
- Red Hat and vendor lock-in (5:42)
- Roll-your-own OpenStack (17:55)
- Cisco is going to crush VMware – but not really (20:55)
- Cisco CEO John Chambers changing his tune (22:37)
- VCE rumours, hot or not? (25:30)
- Smartwatches: Pebble versus Sony Smart Watch 2 (30:40)
- Geek bling (34:00)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here. Listener discretion is advised.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: Protecting mobile certificates