Speaking in Tech: GitHub users did WHAT to AWS' backend?
Biz data in a consumer cloud ain't never going to be secure, folks
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, Eddie is still missing so Greg and Sarah are joined by Cisco's J Metz to dig into the new Cisco public cloud and to chew on the tech news of the week.
This week we discuss…
- Sarah chugs vBeers (1:05)
- SXSW recovery (2:55)
- J changes jobs (5:50)
- Cisco jumps into the public cloud (8:20)
- Cloudy conflicts (9:30)
- Customer first, tricky dick second (13:25)
- Box.net files for an odd IPO (16:50)
- Anyone remember Xdrive? (20:30)
- Trusting consumer cloud storage (21:30)
- The untraceable elite (28:10)
- GitHub users reveal AWS access keys (28:50)
- J's new reality show (35:00)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: Network DDoS protection