Speaking in Tech: The BEST GADGETS pit mobile tech devs against NETWORK ENEMIES
MWC 2014 LIVE podcast
This week, tech podcast host Greg Knieriemen comes to you live from Mobile World Congress in Barcelona with two special guests. They have a really interesting chat about what kind of value data analytics actually has as well as whether the principle of net neutrality can withstand the onslaught of all this super high-def content on the mobile. Is the smartphone the new TV?
Joining Greg are Jeff Greenwald and Shane Archiquette, the Solutions Marketing lead and the chief technology officer at HDS's Communications, Media and Entertainment division.
It's a crisp 30 minutes, and has indexed times to help you get to the meaty bits... Enjoy.
This week we discuss...
- Telecommunications and Analytics at Mobile World Congress (0:45)
- New mobile platform challenges (5:45)
- Technical ramifications of Net Neutrality (8:10)
- Data consumption-based pricing and transparency (10:20)
- Analytics is the solution, not the question (12:30)
- Shifting landscape of competitors (13:50)
- Telecoms dramatic shift to infrastructure provisioning (17:00)
- Wearable technology and connected devices driving network complexity (18:10)
- Tension between mobile technology developers and network providers (21:10)
- Personal mobile devices (24:45)
- Blackberry and Ford partnership (25:50)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: Fast data protection ROI?