Speaking in Tech: 'The iPhone DIDN'T do everything at first'
Plus: Hey partner, want some SHINY SWAG?
It's another one of El Reg's best and only podcast with your hosts Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, everyone is keen to get the scoop on stealthy upstart Data Gravity with special guest David Siles, vice president of worldwide field operations for Data Gravity.
David does a heroic job dodging questions about his secretive firm (except that its gizzits include a flashlight that doubles as an iPhone charger). But he does confirm that Data Gravity is working on a "big data storage box" aimed at the SME IT market. And Greg relates a curious little tale about trademarks, Amazon, soap-makers Lush and a battle of wills over a name...
This week we discuss (see indexed times to skip to the bits you're interested in)...
- Eddie in Vegas (0:52)
- Romantic Helicopters (4:05)
- Catching up with David Siles (5:05)
- Data Gravity in stealth (7:50)
- Partner push and shiny swag (10:10)
- Apple bar (13:28)
- Understanding enterprise data (16:30)
- VMware PEX controversy (17:35)
- VMware and Google partner on Chromebooks … but why? (23:10)
- Teasing vSAN's (26:35)
- VMware leaping ahead in VDI (29:50)
- VDI is not sexy (33:45)
- Rich, thick and full of it (37:20)
- MtGox's frozen bits (41:41)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: Hyper-scale data management