Speaking in Tech: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella - IS HE ONE OF US?
Plus: Is VMWare culling the herd? Get the skinny HERE
It's another week of El Reg's jam-packed, info-smacked podcast, with your hosts Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, their special guest is Ben Kepes, well known tech evangelist, investor, business adviser and Kiwi. Once again, the gang discusses the most compelling issues in tech this week. Firstly - and this one's for you, Bill Gates - WTF is a technology adviser? They also talk about those knotty VMware partner issues and Duracell, AWS and IBM's adventures in the cloud.
Minute and second breakdown - skip ahead if you want to (but you'll be missing out)
- Sarah and Eddie banter (0:55)
- New Microsoft CEO (3:45)
- Is a Microsoft breakup inevitable? (8:40)
- VMware pushes competition out of Partner Exchange (9:40)
- Implications for Pivotal partnerships (15:55)
- Cisco and VMware bump heads on SDN (18:45)
- Duracell gets into cloud (23:20)
- Transporter Sync testing (29:30)
- AWS and IBM cloud envy (37:40)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss
Sponsored: RAID: End of an era?