All-flash array flogger Nimbus Data: We COINED IT in 2013
Upstart claims revenue doubled
All-flash array firm Nimbus Data released results from the year to date, saying it had had a great 2013.
- Revenue more than doubled compared to 2012,
- Net income grew more than 4 times compared to 2012,
- Headcount grew 125 per cent compared 2012,
- More than 500 Nimbus Data storage arrays are now in production worldwide,
- Opened new sales and engineering office in Austin, Texas.
Nimbus claims: “Revenue, Net Income and Headcount Growth Outpace Industry Peers.” On the the hand, flash rival Pure Storage just a few weeks ago claimed its growth over the 2012-2013 period has included 50 per cent plus growth per quarter.
Nimbus's Austin office opening was followed by layoffs.
A 125 per cent head count growth could mean the company has around 50 employees now, compared to 22 or so a year ago.
We expect more product news this year, CEO Thomas Isakovich saying: “In 2014, we expect to continue to widen our technology leadership with multiple new software and hardware offerings that push the boundaries of storage efficiency and application performance.”
Let’s leave you with a Nimbus cup cake illustration tweeted by business development person Brittani Neff. OK, the blue icing is not that appetising, but who said this business isn’t fun?
Sponsored: Network DDoS protection