Speaking in Tech: We chat to Microsoft man about THAT Ballmer memo
Plus: Is VMWare still cool?
In the latest Speaking in Tech podcast, your hosts Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela chat to special guest Marc Farley of Microsoft. The team grill Marc about what he's been up to lately (on holiday, by the sounds of things) before getting into the nitty-gritty of VMware ditching open-sourcers Zimbra, Steve Ballmer's latest Microsoft memo and Sarah flies off the handle about branded "exclusive" TV-on-demand content.
This week we discuss...
- Catching up with Marc Farley, StorSimple and Microsoft
- Yosemite in summer
- Farley's new book
- Lunch with Sarah
- Ballmer's memo
- "The business of business is business"
- VMware ditches Zimbra
- Is VMware still cool?
- Apple TV wants to skip advertising
- Sarah rants about streaming video content
- TV station gets punked
- Mr. Bean plays on a Dreamliner and in Heathrow
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Fast data protection ROI?