Speaking in Tech: Endorsing LinkedIn skills on LinkedIn implodes the web?
Just like typing 'google' into Google
For the latest Speaking in Tech podcast, Ed and Greg catch up after Greg's recent disappearance on secret-squirrel IT missions, while regular SiT co-host Sarah Vela is AWOL. Maybe her and Ed are the same person and they just alternate every week?
Among the hard-hitting tech topics discussed, the team asks: if you endorse someone's LinkedIn skills on LinkedIn, does that create LinkedInCeption? More to the point, if you're already on LinkedIn, doesn't that tell the world that you've already got LinkedIn skills?
Greg mercilessly takes the mickey out of Ed, who confesses to not having heard last week's podcast. Meanwhile, they suggest that El Reg's storage supremo Chris Mellor should make more personal pictorial appearances in his magnificent series of storage articles. There is serious stuff in here, too.
This week's agenda
- Eddie and Greg catch up
- Greg gets a Mac
- A newspaper dumps 28 photographers, and trains reporters to take pictures with an iPhone
- LinkedIn as a skill
- Google and facial recognition apps on Google Glass
- Cisco Live at the end of June in Orlando
- Google Glass stalking and Flip cams
- Chromebooks rock, except for podcasting
- Three more bidders for Hulu
- Pandora vs Spotify, and no one cares what Ed listens to
- vExperts and not vExperts
- Dell and everyone else's cloud
- Amazon is going to destroy everything - and then the unicorns will attack
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Hyper-scale data management