Speaking in Tech: Your OpenStack plug-in is NOT a meaningful code contribution
Talking smack about vendors ... Plus: How to unfollow Amy Lewis
It's another episode of El Reg's weekly enterprise tech podcast, hosted by Ed Saipetch, Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela. Ed's in the driving seat this week as a jetlagged Greg rides shotgun. Cisco's Amy Lewis joins as our special guest this week... and jumps right into a chat about why "listless" Greg unfollowed her on Twitter. The gang also talk about what constitutes a "meaningful" code contribution, the Boston marathon bombings on social media and how Michael Dell was right all along...
This week we cover:
- Greg and Amy continue their social media unfeud
- Ed visits the OpenStack Summit
- OpenStack and meaningful code contributions
- How the concept of "open" has changed in 12 months
- London StorageBeers recap
- Cloud Schnitzel
- Dell still going private
- Next week, the big Chad Sakac podcast
- Boston bombings and social media
- Learning to be cynical on social media
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links