Speaking in Tech: In-flight fondling, hands-free servers, what could go wrong?
And suspect stains - all on this week's sysadmin confab
Another seven days in tech, and another banter-packed instalment of El Reg's one-and-only podcast. Join your your hosts, Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela for everything you need to know about business-grade IT. This week, the gang is together again, and their special guest is Mark Thiele, executive veep of data centre tech at Switch.
Today's agenda: First, some banter about a car crash, then...
- Do you switch off your gadgets on flights, or do you fondle your mobile on takeoff?
- Google Reader executed - and the backlash is growing
- A potential bidding war for Dell
- Digging into Switch
- Mark’s blog post on software-defined data centres.
- All right, what the heck is a software-defined data centre?
- The “one click” release-to-production environment
- Code-controlled server warehouses don't solve the "people" problem
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Hyper-scale data management