Speaking in Tech: Smash that Kickstarter piggy bank and MAKE IT RAIN
We chat to Google-style storage startup man about how to, er, crowdfund
It's another recap of the week in tech at El Reg's coolest (and only) podcast. Join your your hosts, Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and - fresh from Austin nerdfest SXSW - Sarah Vela for everything you need to know about the business of tech. This week, the whole gang is together for the first time in over a month. Their very special guest this week is Geoff Barrall, CEO of Connected Data and chairman of Gridstore.
First, some banter
- Sarah is back and after SXSW, contemplates branding social media “experts”... literally
- Ed is still employed and plans on speaking at CloudConnect
- Speaking in Tech announces the first big party for VMworld
- StorageBeers in London on 17 April?
- Geoff traces his startup pedigree
- Connected Data and the “Transporter”
- Leveraging Kickstarter to launch a product
- Learning from Dropbox
- Reliable file sharing, backup and data repository
- Lessons from product design, branding and manufacturing
- Google-inspired Gridstore
- True storage clustering
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Customer Identity and Access Management