17th March 2013 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Offers guide to being 'less pretty and more functional' just like Google
RSS reader Feedly says Google's decision to drop its Reader service saw 500,000 people migrate to its services in 48 hours. In the inevitable blog post, Feedly says “To keep the service up, we 10x our bandwidth and added new servers”, and has declared the following three items its “main priorities over the next 30 days”: To …
Networks 17 Mar 22:44
Welcome our new overlords
Is there such a thing as learning too many lessons from nature? If you find the exploits of quad-copter researchers spooky, don't watch the very latest video demonstration from the University of Pennsylvania's aptly-named GRASP laboratory. Looking at how raptors like sea-eagles can catch fish without losing control or crashing …
Science 17 Mar 22:44
Drivers, config, updates all dangerous
Huawei has been accused of poor security practice by Russian researcher Nikita Tarakanov, who told Black Hat Europe last week that the vendor's 3G and 4G devices are vulnerable and its update server is a massive attack vector. The update server in the Netherlands that Tarakanov tested probably isn't the only one used by Huawei …
Security 17 Mar 22:47
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging