Speaking in Tech: Ya-boo! Marissa! Mayer! how! COULD! you!?
Mobile workers? Cubicle workers more likely to be dead weight
It's another live one. Podcast fans, here it is: another enterprise tech cast with your host Ed Saipetch. Regular co-hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela are MIA this week as Ed podcasts live from Las Vegas at VMware's Partner Exchange. Special guests this week include Amy Lewis, social and community engagement at Cisco; Caroline Yap, director of strategic alliances at Service Mesh; and Mark Thiele, EVP of data centre technology at Switch.
This week we discuss...
- Marissa Mayer's killing of remote workers and the impact on workers/families
- Working individuals, moms and the impact on them
- Culling dead weight
- Trend towards BYOD
- Leadership and turning around companies
- Corporate autonomy from the market
- Short term corporate gains which affect market opinions
- Not about "Woman CEO"
- Cloud Brokers and management tools
- Service Mesh, Hypervisor-agnostic cloud-agnostic Cloud management tools
- Policy and Compliance through Cloud management tools
- Abstraction of IT resources
- One cloud does not fit all
- Single provider architectures don't fit the availability model needed for businesses
- Need for standards in a world of choice
- Innovation in IT
- Development for the sake of development
- Making a difference in business, speeding time to provision of IT resources for businesses
- The internet went down
- Twitter streams on a notepad
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Sponsored: Transform Your IT Infrastructure