3rd March 2013 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
In space, no-one can find your last known good configuration
Nuclear-powered, laser-armed space tank Curiosity is currently working in safe mode, after one of the craft's onboard computers developed a memory glitch. NASA has switched the craft to its “B” computer, a device identical to the problematic “A” unit, and says “a glitch in flash memory” is the source of the problem. Curiosity …
Science 3 Mar 22:38
A lesson in disclosure
During Sunday, US time, prominent Web services outfit CloudFlare sent an instruction to its routers in response to an attempted DoS, and instead took down its own network. In a rare example of detailed disclosure, the company has posted an explanation of what happened here. The network collapse occurred, the company explains …
Networks 3 Mar 22:39
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging